Head Shot Guide
for booking your head shot
I will be contacting you soon to pick a date and time that works for both of us. We will have a brief phone consultation to find out exactly what you are needing. We’ll talk about clothing, colors, styling, what the image will be used for, and more. This insures that we are on the same page about your needs and your session with go smoothly.
1. Solid colors look the best. If you want to wear a pattern, make sure it’s a small pattern. Large patterns stand out and will distract from the overall portrait. Choose colors that are natural, which means avoiding neon colors such as hot pink or lime green.
2. If you are concerned about your weight, keep in mind, darker colors minimize and light colors emphasize.
3. Dress in white sparingly, for this color often reflects light strongly and can sometime wash out skin tones.
4. Men - A solid colored shirt looks great with your suit. Again, remember to use white sparingly. For a more casual look, bring a jacket and button up shirt or just a dress shirt. Avoid t-shirts and polo shirts for individual head shots. For a casual group shot, a polo is okay.
5. Women - Be conscious of necklines. Most head shots are cropped at the bust line. If you don’t wear makeup, we suggest to wear a minimum of mascara and lip gloss.